Stream of consciousness written in NM:
Your name alone kept me up long enough to see the tip of the sun rising in the sky.
Forever embedded was your presence,
You were mine.
I thought I knew who you were,
Not just the bold characteristics of your appearance,
But the deeper beauty of your being,
You were my inspiration for all things written,
Every word scribed by my swift hand wound back to you.
I would show you my writing,
And breathlessly, you would read.
All the while I was hoping, you knew it was about you.
But you merely uttered the same words back,
Like only a broken record could do.
In time I have grown to see, you were not the same.
Your name no longer had the same rhythm and song,
Your smiles were forced, you were just playing along.
Your fingers were like ice, laced in with my own
Your eyes no longer twinkled even when mine shone.
I tried to reach out to you,
To save our souls, relinquish
And what was left of us as a whole.
But your breath was not the same,
Your voice dull and mundane,
No, it’s safe to say that you were not the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment