Sunday, December 15, 2013

true love?

how is it that of all the people in the world, only one single being is "meant" for you? is that even possible? people find their soulmates all the time. but will I? how will I even know? what if I meet my soulmate but fuck it up and end up alone with 2048 cats?

being now single after 5 years in a relationship, sometimes friends ask me what I want in a guy. it's pretty simple.

I want someone funny, who can make me laugh even with tears in my eyes. someone with ambition who never wants to settle for mundane. someone who will protect me and care about my well-being. someone who will stay up late with me just to talk. someone I can tell all my secrets to. someone who will accept me for who I am, demons and all. someone who will be loyal to me. someone who doesn't have to depend on me for everything. someone who will know what kind of person I am and trust me. someone that will inspire me to be the best person I can possibly be.

I want a love that sets me on fire and makes me wonder why I ever thought I'd be better off alone.

but maybe that's just too much to ask for. at this point in my life, do I think it'll happen? probably not.


No comments: